Putting Your Passion into Print
with Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry
You’ve got a book inside of you, but do you know how to get it out into the world? The Book Doctors are here to help you locate your voice, unshackle your creativity, and shape a life that will lead you down the road to publication.
Why passion? It moves mountains and it sells books. It’s the one quality all successful writers share. With their trademark blend of humor, inspiration, and information, The Book Doctors will show you how to harness your passion to write and sell your book.
This master class will help you:
- Make sure you’re writing the right book;
- Train yourself and your loved ones to give you the time you need to be a writer;
- Overcome Writer’s Block, PD (procrastination disorder), and Perfectionitis;
- Pick the right title;
- Determine what category your book is in (memoir or novel? young adult or middle grade? literary or commercial?);
- Edit yourself and/or choose the right editor for you;
- Tap into your true voice when writing your book;
- Develop your pitch and your marketing materials;
- Research and put together the right agent list;
- Write a query letter that will get a response;
- Figure out if you want to be published by The Big 5, an independent publisher, a hybrid or if you want to self-publish;
- Learn to deal with rejection;
- And finally, bring more joy to your writing life.
David Henry Sterry & Arielle Eckstut are co-founders of the Book Doctors. They are co-authors of The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published: How To Write It, Sell It, and Market It… Successfully (Workman, 2015).
Arielle has been a literary agent for over 25 years at The Levine Greenberg Rostan Literary Agency. She is the author of ten books and the co-founder of the iconic brand, LittleMissMatched.
David is the best-selling author of 16 books. His first book has been translated into 10 languages; his latest book was featured on the cover of the Sunday New York Times Book Review. They’ve taught at Stanford University, Indiana University, Smith College, and other institutions. Some of the publications they have appeared in include The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.